creative director, graphic designer
Lara has been a graphic designer since 2001, and opened Lara J Designs in early 2008. She is a graduate of Kennesaw State University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts and a concentration in Graphic Design. During her time at KSU she had the opportunity to visit both Oaxaca, Mexico and Amsterdam, Netherlands with fellow art students to further her study of art. She has a wide range of artistic background from drawing, painting, ceramics, photography, etc. Lara loves helping her clients promote the businesses they are passionate about and watching them grow and thrive.
Lara J is on the Board of Trustees for Advocates for Children. She is also a former board member of the Cartersville Downtown Development Authority and member of the Cartersville Downtown Development Authority Promotions Committee and Cartersville Bluegrass & Folk Festival planning committee. She is also an active member of the Cartersville-Bartow Chamber of Commerce. Lara is very passionate about helping local Cartersville & Bartow County charities like Advocates for Children, The Bookmobile, Etowah Valley Humane Society, Etowah Valley Historical Society, Summer Hill Foundation, Art in Bartow, Red Door Food Pantry, Bartow Literacy Council, Community Church Shop, Tranquility House, Hickory Log Personal Care Home, Cartersville Schools and many more. Lara J Designs is a proud donor to all of these local non-profits and many more.
Lara is has received a multitude of awards for her work in the community.
- August 2020 Nominated for the 2020 Cartersville-Bartow Chamber of Commerce IMPACT Award
- June 2020 Frontline Heroes Award for her assistance to the community during the COVID-19 pandemic and shut down
- February 2020 Hometown Hero award presented by Modern Woodman Financial at the Cartersville Downtown annual meeting
- May 2019 Cartersville High School Work-Based Learning Junior Mentor of the Year award
- December 2018 Small Businessperson of the Year as nominated by her peers on Alignable
- February 2015 Cartersville Downtown Development Authority Chairman’s Award
- 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2019 Nominated for Small Business of the Year for the Cartersville-Bartow Chamber of Commerce
Lara lives in Cartersville, Georgia with her husband, Matt, and her two sweet boys, Evan and Colin. Her family loves their cat Sarah and darling Yorkshire Terrier, Charlie. She loves spending her weekends on the lake with her friends and family. Lara also enjoys visiting Cartersville’s many wonderful local museums and enjoying family vacations to Jekyll Island off the Georgia coast.