This holiday season the Lara J Designs team decided to share one of their favorite holiday cookie recipes with you! We hope that you enjoy making them as much as we did.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- parchment paper
- topping of your choice (see our favorites in the cards below)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Soften butter
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and egg together in a bowl with an electric or hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together baking powder, flour and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to first bowl gradually, mixing slowly until combined.
- Shape dough into one inch balls (or use an ice cream scoop).
- Roll shaped dough in granulated sugar and arrange on lined cookie sheet.
- Use a spoon or your thumb to make an indention in the middle of each cookie.
- Fill with a topping of your choice.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!